Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Are we really in pain?

The body retires. Yet the mind cannot stop worrying. The heart bleeds with ache. The soul yearns for their release. Their release from torture. Their release from injustice. Their release from the burden they didn't chose to bear. How can I sleep while my brothers and sisters out there are staying up fighting? I can't.

When yesterday you told yourself 'I don't deserve this attitude they give me' or 'I don't deserve this/that'. Have you thought about all those myriad things you don't deserve, but you have? Do we deserve to wake up so comfortable in our beds? Do we deserve to have coffee WITH sugar? Do we deserve to drink clean water? Do we deserve to get meal three times a day? Do we deserve to be loved? Do we deserve to have books AND study them? Do we deserve this knowledge? Do we deserve this deen?


We don't. Not our own sisters and brothers are dying out there and we aren't doing much anything about it. Not when my little sister's mother dies right in front of her. Not when my brother cries 'Daddy wake up!' to the man who closed his eyes forever. Not when I have a variety of food to chose from while they starve for days. Not when I can sleep in silence and all they hear is gunshots.

Our beloved Prophet SAW wasn't joking, ya akhi ya uhkti, when he said 'The Muslim Ummah is like one body. If the eye is in pain then the whole body is in pain and if the head is in pain then the whole body is in pain.'

Are we really in pain? While that little child is holding the flag of 'laa ilaha illa Allah' and being shot, are we really in pain? :'(

Promise me brothers and sisters, This is going to end. Promise me we will do something. Atleast pray? Promise me, I plead to you, that one day when my existence is going to imaginary, this letter will only be a part of history. :'(

2 comments:

  1. Salam sister. Love the visuals your piece evokes and the obvious sensation of wee bit of anger in your words.

    Indeed least we can do is pray; pray for no more blood is shed, a crimson spectacle being brushed across the face of muslims.

    More power to your pen. Jzk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa 'alaykumassalaam wrt :)

    Jazakillah khair!and ameeen!

    True,i feel helpless when i think all i can do is pray. Hence the anger. Khair, prayers are our weapon.
    inshaAllah khair. For Syria. For Iraq. For Kashmir. For Palestine. For Burma. For Afghanistan. For all of those martyrs, whom Allah will hold close to Him on the Day when these ruthless people will need Him. Can't wait for justice on THAT day.

    ReplyDelete