Sunday, September 26, 2010

Are You Happy?

Everyone talks about happiness. That intangible thing...
I still play with my bubble bottle too.
So what really is happiness? I look outside through my window and I see this little girl's big smile as she buys her favorite flavored ice cream. Seeing that something tickled me from the inside. Is that happiness? Memories of childhood, the days when you ran behind the ice cream truck with your friends. I look outside the window and I see this boy riding his bicycle with his new flag, being watched  by his little friends awed by the new beauty. Ain't that happiness? I look outside through my window and I see an old couple seemingly in their 60's holding hands as they cross the road cautiously. Is it happiness? In being with your soul mate all your life.
Does happiness lie in getting all that you want or in being happy with what we have been given?
I painted a painting that was my favorite when i was 11. It made me happy. I think its the little things that matter. I played catch and catch with my 8 year old friend that made me forget all my problems.

Although life isn't about always being happy, that would seem completely utopic and I'd seem like an idiot talking about a perfectly perfect life. But with all those worries, there are definitely loads of ways to still be smiling. :)
So are you really getting happy? What do YOU base happy on?

No comments:

Post a Comment