Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Light.


I've always loved long journeys.When i was younger,i used to keeeeep looking for lights of my city amidst the pitch black darkness while my dad drove...right now i'm in one...from the valleys of makkah through the vast empty deserts to the city of Riyadh...I love it so much,sometimes i wish it'd never end.
I look outside my window and see nothing and everything...little lights flicker here and there and quickly pass by...some daaaark huuge mountains..sometimes some treees.Far off at a distance i see some lights perhaps of another city...again pitch black darkness -its scary how you just can't see what lies beyond.
Stars, and slowly some more stars visible,until I realise I'm staring at a huuuuuge vast black dome completely lit up with tiny twinkling stars...
Same story every journey but the feeling never fades..
Slowly I realise as the vehicle keeeeps running,almost all of my life has been likewise. Dark.
There was light now and then, but I just didn't see it. Perhaps it went away too fast.Or just didn't exist.Or seemed far off like that city.Sometimes i had seen the stars and some other times i hadn't..And then we reached our destination: A light filled city, full of life...so busy..so much purpose..so much to do. Light in my life too. Now I like it here. 
True, Only if you've been in darkness can you truly love the light. I'm glad my destination is light. Is your's? Or are you still waiting to stop? Catch that little star you see.It may light up yur whole sky :)


'...Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.' [24:35]


'Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord - to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy' [14:1]



No street lights. Just a vast desert.


Imagine Pitch darkness during the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment